Crispy crunchy golden granola, full of fibre, protein and nourishing fats and sweetened with maple syrup… once you try this, you won’t go back to the store-bought stuff, it’s so much better! Use any combination of nuts and seeds that you like (just keep the ratio to oats) and add in some dried fruit if you need a little extra sweetness.
Makes: approx 800g
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 160’C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and olive oil and stir to coat everything.
- Spread the mixture over both baking trays evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring the granola and rotating the trays once or twice until everything turns a even golden colour.
- Once completely cooled, transferred to an airtight container and store for a couple of weeks.